Monday 11 November 2013

We Will Remember Them


 
This is my father. He served in the Air Force during World War II. Both of my grandfathers were veterans of World War I. My paternal grandfather died of complications of Trench Disease contracted during the war, when my father was only 9 years old. 
Remembrance Day has special meaning to me, so I want to take this opportunity to honour those who served, those who died, and those who continue to serve.
I'd like to share some videos in tribute to our veterans and those currently serving. These all bring tears to my eyes.
A Pittance of Time by Terry Kelly. Please don't forget to observe 2 minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m. wherever you are in honour of our veterans.
This is Highway of Heroes by the Trews. Even if you're not Canadian, I'm sure you can appreciate this one. This is how we honour our fallen heroes.
This is a series of photographs of the Highway of Heroes by Sun Media photographer Pete Fisher, accompanied by the ever-tear-inducing Amazing Grace on bagpipes.
For whatever reason, I cannot embed or insert the next video, so I'll link to it:
Bringing Buddy Home by John McDermott.This is a very poignant tribute to those who die in the line of duty.
Finally, one more series of photos of the Highway of Heroes, featuring a song by Lee Greenwood that pays tribute to those who died so that we can live free in this great country of ours.
Poppy & Remembrance
Image from http://www.legion.ca/honour-remember/poppy-remembrance/
Lest we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment