Tuesday 26 November 2013

Making Progress...

This is my version of the Dreamweaver quilt from Craftsy's Quick Strip Paper Piecing Class. I'm really happy with the way the quilt top is turning out. I don't always know what a finished product will look like, based on the fabrics I've selected, until I actually put it together. And I'm quite pleased. I think the woven sashing adds a very nice accent.
I just need to add the border and it will be done. The instructions call for a different fabric for the border, but I have enough of the "Space" fabric that I will probably use that. 
It's always a good feeling to be in the "homestretch" with a quilt. This will be my third quilt finished this year - if I get it finished. The top itself won't take much longer, but I won't have the opportunity to get to Sparrow Studioz to "longarm" it until the week after Christmas. Meanwhile I have received my order from Longarm Supplies. I ordered three pantos, one of which is Stars &Clouds, which I intend to use for this quilt. Longarm Supplies is a Canadian vendor right here in Alberta.
I just heard from my nephew Billy and he loves his quilt. He needed some directions on folding it back into a quillow, however. LOL! I remember the first time I "met" a quillow and had to get the owner to fold it back up because it defeated me. Obviously my nephew takes after his aunt in this regard.
There's a black Friday sale at Fabricland this weekend. I'm hoping they sell Insul-Bright as I'd like to make some pot-holders for Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment