Thursday 24 October 2013

2013 Vacation Report #1

October 8 - Stayed overnight at Western Budget Motel #1 in Nisku as I was leaving for Ontario at 0630 the next morning.
October 9 - Flight delayed in leaving Edmonton as the plane had to be de-iced before takeoff. Arrived in London, Ontario wearing a heavy fall jacket. It was sunny and warm (20 C) and there were still green leaves on the trees. I felt like I was on a tropical vacation.
I stayed with my second oldest sister, Judy. She has two Himalayans. This is Lily.
And this is Crystal. They are both a little skittish, but we became friends. Especially when Lily realized I knew where the treat cupboard was.
Judy and her husband were given this quilt by the quilting group from their church. She had it on my bed. I really loved the colours in it, though they don't show true in this picture. They are actually darker shades.
My friend Wendy took the train down from Brockville to spend a couple of days with me. We visited Fanshawe Pioneer Village, where there were several quilts on display.
Wendy got a little out of hand, so she had to be locked up in the pillory. LOL!
 One of the volunteers is working on a more modern quilt.
Quilts could be found on the settees and the beds.





 Even a crazy quilted pillow.
There were several antique sewing machines
including a large display in the Paul Peel house.
If you couldn't buy your cloth, you could always weave it.
Since I live in farm country, I couldn't ignore the farm machinery.
 
I managed to convince a rooster to pose for me.
That's all for now. Will post more another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment