I've also made some progress on the Scrappy Shine quilt:
This is it so far, hanging on the design wall. I have two more rows of charm squares to add and two rows of sashing. I hope to finish that today (Sunday) because I have already booked time on the Long Arm tomorrow. Sparrow Studioz is having a special freebie: a maximum 2 hour session free. I also have the Bearly Hockey quilt that hasn't been quilted yet, so I'm hoping to quilt them both, though I doubt if I can get them both done in 2 hours. If I had a lot more long arm experience, I might be able to, but this will only be my 3rd and possibly 4th quilt. As long as no one has booked the 2 hour slot after me, I can still continue to quilt, so I was told when I booked my time.
On Friday, my order from Mad About Patchwork for the Bluenose II quilt arrived. I'm impressed with their service. They allow you to order a 1/4 yard (some merchants will only sell a half yard) and will cut it as a fat quarter. They ship your order out quickly and the shipping costs are very reasonable. I expect to do business with them again.
|Bluenose II quilt fabrics from Mad About Patchwork
A friend posted this on facebook and I just thought I'd share it here because it really made me laugh out loud. I'm not sure how differently I'd dress because my dream job is to own my own quilt shop. :-)
So what have you accomplished this past week?
Here's my button:
<a href=’http://catscrossing-laura.blogspot.ca/p/show-tell.html'> <img src=' http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w583/september59/CatrsquosCrossing_zps2b7e332e.png ' style='border:none;'> </a>
Show & Tell Guidelines
- Link up any recent post that features your current creative project. And it can be a work in progress as well.
- Please remember to link to your actual blog post, not your main blog page, so others don't have to search.
- Somewhere in your blog post, you must link back to my blog or put the 'Show & Tell' button in your sidebar.
- Please don't just add your link and go. Check out a few of the other links and comment. The best idea is to check out the 3 or 4 links just previous to yours. That way every link will get visited. And maybe you'll pick up a few new followers along the way.
- You don't have to follow me to post your link on my blog, but that would be much appreciated.
- Have fun. This is a party after all.