Now, self-isolation really wasn't a great trial for me for the following reasons:
- I'm an introvert.
- I like being at home.
- I have 2 cats, who are really good company (sometimes too good).
- I have lots of fabric, thread and yarn to keep me occupied.
- I tend to buy in bulk, so have lots of grains and legumes, and wouldn't go hungry.
- I have enough toilet paper. 😆
- I'm never alone.
Regarding point number 7, I'm not talking about the cats. And I don't mean friends, family or room-mates. I live alone. But I'm not alone, because God is with me everywhere.
Many years ago, I learned the three "omni's" about God. God is
- Omniscient - all-knowing, or knows everything
- Omnipotent - all-powerful, or has all power
- Omnipresent - present everywhere
Psalm 139 says:
I can not hide from God and I wouldn't want to. He is my Heavenly Father and best friend. He is with me at home, at work, when I'm shopping, when I'm driving, everywhere, all the time. He has promised, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5. And, "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20. And, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18.
And I can talk to Him any time, sometimes out loud and sometimes just in my mind, but He hears even my thoughts.
If I'm having a challenging day at work, He's there. If I accidentally leave my purse in a shopping cart in the Walmart parking lot, He's there. And when I'm at home in self-isolation, He's there, too.
So don't be afraid of being alone, because you never have to be really alone. Try Him, He's there.