Wednesday 5 April 2017

Train Cardigan for My Grandson

Woohoo! It's finally finished.
I don't even remember how long ago I started it. I got the left front finished and then stalled there for awhile, then got to just below the train on the right front done and stalled for even longer. But, through sheer persistence, I am finally finished.

It's a size 4, and my grandson is already 4-1/2 years old, so I was afraid he would outgrow it before I got it finished. However, there's still lots of room to grow in it.
The original pattern called for a white background, but Damian's favourite colour is orange. And orange is a more practical colour than white for a little boy. The two train cars on the back were supposed to be the same colour, which I thought was boring, so I changed that as well.
By the way, my grandson has a headstart on Donald Trump when it comes to wall-building.

No comments:

Post a Comment