Tuesday 16 April 2013

Craftsy 2012 Block of the Month - January Blocks

Here they are, my first two quilt blocks. These are the first quilt blocks I've made in years! and I think they were good blocks to start out with, both fairly simple and straightforward. On the left is the asterisk block and on the right is the wonky pound sign. These are slashed blocks, which means you start with a square of fabric and then slash the blocks and add contrasting strips in to make the pattern. As you can see, the asterisk block started with a square of blue print with black background fabric strips added after slashing. The wonky pound sign was started with a large square of black background fabric, which was then slashed to add the mauve print strips. I chose to use my own fabric rather than the Craftsy fabric package. I love the bright colours with the black background. 
If you'd like to join this class, just click here:
Online Quilting Class

No comments:

Post a Comment