Wednesday 3 January 2018

2017 Crafting Year in Review

This year (2017) I started working on my Ph.D in earnest. Or rather my PHD as in Projects Half Done because I'm quite sure I ended the year with more WIPs (Works In Progress) and UFOs (UnFinished Objects) than I had at the beginning of the year. So, for 2018, I'm determined to not buy any more yarn or fabric, other than what I might need to finish a project, and not start any more projects until I've gotten more of my projects finished. However, events like the birth of a baby can interfere with that goal...
So, I'm going to take this opportunity to review what I have actually finished in 2017, which to me doesn't seem like much. 
The first project I finished was the train cardigan for my grandson.

The next project to get finished (hurray) was the Bluenose II Pixel Quilt
If I had to pick one project as my quilting masterpiece, this would be it. And the amount of labour involved reflects that. 
It was definitely a labour of love. 
Stars All Around was completed in April.
On Guard for Thee is a table runner that I started and completed in a relatively short period of time. 
It was for a Canada 150 mystery quilting challenge.
I didn't win, but I still have a great table runner.
Floating Stars, my second red, white and blue star quilt was up next. 
The Lakeshore Adventures quilt was also completed relatively quickly.
The Shamrock Pillow was my next finish.

If I had to name a crocheting masterpiece that I have completed, Janet's Flower Garden would be it.
 It, too, was a pretty intense labour of love.
Though not finished promptly, at least Celtic Ballad was begun and ended in the same year.
 For this project, I tried my hand at fabric origami for the first time.
Then there was a fabric decoupage ornament,
a Christmas tree skirt,
with matching garlands,
pajamas for my grandson (first garment sewing I've done in years),
dishcloths,
and hot potholders.

Plus all of the craft projects I worked on with my grandson. 
I guess I didn't do too badly. I also have a few quilt tops completed and waiting to be quilted. I'm finding it rather tedious to get somewhere to do the quilting. My goal is still to own my own longarm quilting machine and to that end, some of my time and money in 2018 will need to be spent on getting more basement renovations done. 
I'm not going to review all of my WIPs, UFOs and PHDs. I'm not even sure I could find them all at the moment, but suffice it to say that they are plenteous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment