Wednesday 26 March 2014

A Sailor's Delight in a Storm at Sea is a Lighthouse Tower

After I got over my "baditude" about the Lighthouse Tower block, I decided to assemble it anyway.
Lighthouse Tower Block
It's far from perfect, and I know it would have been much better if I'd used the templates, but I don't like to allow anything to defeat me. And I managed all 16 of those Y-seams, though I've done better with them before. So it's finished. And I will probably include it in the quilt. Remember the Amish deliberately add at least one error to their quilts to remind them that only God is perfect. Well, there are plenty of reminders in my quilts!. 
Here are the three blocks that the title of this post is based on:
Sailor's Delight  -  Storm at Sea  -  Lighthouse Tower
And here they all are, the four nautically-themed corner blocks for the Bluenose II Pixel Quilt:
Sailors Delight - Storm at Sea
Lighthouse Tower - Ocean Waves
Now I need to get back to work on the pixel part...

No comments:

Post a Comment