Monday 13 May 2024

A Few Random Fabric Projects

 

I first introduced the Tea Party wallhanging back in December of 2022. At that time, it just needed binding and a hanging sleeve. I finally got that accomplished in July of 2023, and here I am finally blogging about it. I still haven't figured out what to do with it. One only has so much wall space...
Several years ago, for a short time, I was subscribed to a pantograph set a month from a Canadian vendor. A pantograph set includes extras, such as corners and blocks in addition to the edge to edge pantograph. The Confetti set came with a Christmas tree skirt design and I determined to give it a try. Last year, during the agricultural fair season, I made the skirt in order to enter it in a local fair. I chose a white on white snowflake fabric for the top, and red thread for the quilting. Because it's a hexagon shape, with a circle opening in the middle, I would have had to use bias binding if I had bound this quilt. Instead, I quilted it with a faux backing and then stitched the edges with the skirt and the actual backing right sides together and then flipped it right side out. It is, in my opinion, disappointing. It just lacks that wow factor. I did use it under my large green Christmas tree this past Christmas, but only because I have yet to finish the crocheted one that I started eons ago. If someone else decides they want it, I will likely pass it on. 
Another project I made to enter in a local fair is the Chocolate Apron. I used a vintage pattern that I had in my stash and I think it turned out well. Too high-waisted and small for my girth, I passed it on to my daughter. 
And I really think I need to keep more up-to-date on blogging about my projects if I want to be able to share the process at all. I'm getting too old to remember many details when I made a project months ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment