Monday 29 December 2014

Tunisian Crochet Tote Bag

I actually finished this tote bag quite a while ago. I was just waiting to post it until after I got it lined. Alas, I haven't had the time to line it yet, but I wanted to include it in my 2014 posts, so here it is:
This is my very first Tunisian crochet (afghan stitch) project. It turned out bigger than the directions said, probably because I used a different yarn. The instructions don't call for it to be lined, but if I were to throw a set of keys or something similar into this bag, I would be concerned about it poking through the stitches. I have bought the fabric already, but I was waiting until I got my serger back from servicing so that I could serge the seams. By the time that happened, it was time to start getting ready for Christmas and I haven't had the opportunity to sew the lining. I would like to add a zippered pocket in the lining as well, to put car keys and maybe my cell phone in. 
The project came from this book:


I bought a second Tunisian crochet hook during one shopping trip to Michael's, so I can pursue further projects in this book. Eventually, I'd like to get a full set of hooks with the extension cords for doing wider projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment